Dear The Hair Fuel community & customers,
I’m here to inform you about our new product prices.
The prices for our hair growth mask will go up from August 1st, 2022. In the recent weeks we have been communicating the potential of it happening, individually to our community and customers in personal interactions. And we were just waiting for the final costs from our suppliers to confirm the new price.
I would like to explain to you why our prices will change.
We have not increased our prices since early 2020, that is – before the pandemic, before Brexit and way before the war in Ukraine. We continuously absorbed the cost so that we can keep your hair care affordable to you. But this has stopped being sustainable earlier this year – if we want to continue serving you, that is…
From Monday, August 1st, 2022, our prices will increase by approximately 15%, and this is due to the:
- Combined annual inflation in 2020-2021 up 1.3% and 2.7% respectively, and a whopping 9.7% in 2022 (so far)
- Continuing rising transport costs (oil/gasoline from carriers increased more than 100% since 2020)
- The euro/dollar exchange rate has changed (the euro has become less valuable against the dollar, so you get less dollars for your euro’s) since we cater US market along our European market, we pay for shipping and fulfilment in dollars and costs get redistributed across all geographies. €1 now equals $1.01. Last year around this time (July), €1 was equal to $1.17.
- The price of raw materials has increased by 15%
- The price for packaging and filling services has increased by 17%
- Import duties + import VAT at customs has increased by 300%
I understand that this maybe quite daunting to read.
I also bet this wasn’t the only “we increase our prices” announcement you received in the last few months. In order to continue our intention; to be of service to you, to continue providing you with the product you love and to spread free knowledge and education about holistic hair health around the world, we are being led to this difficult decision: for we always strove to keep hair health accessible and affordable to everyone.
In line with the decision to keep The Hair Fuel affordable to you, we have also scrapped our plans to be listed with retailers. While it may mean injection of cash into our company and maybe growing quicker and with a greater reach, retailers are asking for such discounts that in order to run this sustainably, we would need to almost double our prices from what they are right now. And I just don’t want to have this impacting you this way.
I was also keen to announce this in advance to give a little bit of time for you to “stock up”. Prices will increase as of August 1st and I’m writing this just under 2 weeks prior, so there is absolutely still time to “stock up”. Also, if you purchased an on-going subscription – the prices for this will remain unchanged until January 31, 2023. Yes, even if you purchase the subscription in between now and August 1st, your price will stay as it is listed in our shop now – for at least, the next 6 months.
I really hope this information brings you clarity. But if you have any questions, you can email me via Laura (at) TheHairFuel.com
Lots of love,
Laura & The Hair Fuel team