Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit / debit card numbers, PayPal address), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.” Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
In addition, we may ask you for shipping address prior to you placing an order so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order!
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you use any of our contact forms on the website, including quiz submissions, we may use this information to send you tailored offers and services. We do not pass this information to 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we collect Device Information?
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Participate in online quizzes and post comments
We use this Order Information to:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud. We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Occasionally send you tailored offers for targeted products or services.
Without your consent, we do not share your data with our partner companies in order for them to send you their products and services.
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use WooCommerce to power our online store – you can read more about how WooCommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/documentation/get-help/woocommerce-com/privacy
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use Riddle to power our quiz, please get acquainted with Riddle.com policies on handling data you provide to us here: https://www.riddle.com/blog/riddle-gdpr-compliant-quiz-maker/
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you, such as:
- fulfilment partners to fulfil your orders
- payment providers to process your payment
For the purposes of processing recurring subscription payments, we store the customer’s name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and credit card/payment details.
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by emailing us to: website (at) thehairfuel.com
In addition below is the common ways to opt-out from Behavioural advertising.
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
How do we store your data?
When you place an order through our website, our approach to storing your data is as follows:
- Inactive accounts – 6 months
- Pending orders – 10 days
- Failed orders – 1 month
- Cancelled orders – 1 month
- Completed orders – 6 months
- Ended subscriptions – 6 months
- Stripe data – 1 month
Once this time period has expired, this data is will be deleted automatically by WooCommerce, please refer to WooCommerce approach to data retention here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/documentation/get-help/woocommerce-com/privacy
If you are an EU resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are an EU resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: website (at) thehairfuel.com
Our products if used by individuals under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult upon application.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at website (at) thehairfuel.com.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by e-mail at website (at) thehairfuel.com